Sunday, February 3, 2008

Faith , The Goddess, And Healing


It has been quite awhile since my last blog.I realize its time to move away from the rants and bad feelings against and towards others in the pagan community.Now on to more important topics. I recently have had some major events happen in my life .My mother in November went in for a CT scan and was told that she had several cancerous masses on her colon.The doctor told her she would need surgery to remove that part of her colon and the cancer. I was devastated when i found out.I immediately began working magick, and sending good energy to her while she was in the hospital after her surgery, then on December 5th i got a phone call saying my mom was in emergency surgery for complications due to an improperly removed drain tube. It was hard for me, she didnt deserve this , i didnt deserve this. I talked to the Gods and basically said that i needed strength to deal with this, and if she was meant to go , let it be peaceful and as painless as possible
I lit many candles ,praying to Brigit and Airmed to heal and bring life to my mother , and thusly i ended up going to be with her at the hospital. I was there everday for about 4 weeks before she was finally released to come home.Mentally on the outside i was myself but inside i was scared, doubting my faith and resolve as a pagan. I ended up staying 8 weeks helping my mother on her road back to health. She is currently in hospital for a procedure meant to help seal her incision and reduce her scarring and healing time.Im even a bit worried about that, but at least my mothers spirits are high.I thank the Gods daily that she is still with us.
Which leads me to the question . is paganism a path of magick , or a path of faith?I believe it is both.I always thought that talking to the gods , relating my fears and worries and asking for peace and focus in my mind was bordering the prayers and supplications of when i was Christian. But now i think the Gods expect us to talk to them not just in ritual circles, but also when our cars are broke down on the side of the road, when our loved ones are sick and infirm, or just when life has us so frazzled we just dont know what to do. I believe that the Gods have my interests in mind, not just when i work magick but when i just call out in the dark of night.Faith tells me that the Gods hear what im saying, and magick brings the will and power of the Gods to what im going thru right at this moment.So my question is what do you think about the Gods and Faith. Also im interested in collecting your healing chants, spells, songs , rituals , lore and prayers, then later i will post a blog about Healing on this blog. To those who have relayed Good energy and wishes to my mother and myself, Thank you. This will be a long road but with the love of the Gods and prayers of there followers i know we will get through

4 comments:

SecondComingOfBast said...

Welcome back. You have been missed. Glad to hear your mother seems to be on the road to recovery. I went through a lot with my mom as well, though not quite as bad. Hang in there.

By the way, talk to the deities during the good times too. Not that I think I you don't know that. Frankly, I wish I had more good times to share with them.

Shadowhawk said...

Yes i agree i talk to them all the time.. Im just tired of the Greedy nature of some types of Pagan practices.. spells to win the lotto get old.. Working to better society through Faith in our Gods and our beliefs iswhat i would like to see

SecondComingOfBast said...

Spells to win the lotto are bullshit. That's venturing into Miss Cleo territory, and I don't want to go there. I do play the lotto on a very infrequent basis, and I can tell you for a fact the arguably best way to do that is to pick you out a set of numbers, stick with them, and play them all the time, while keeping up with the numbers that come out during those days you don't play.

As far as casting spells to make your numbers come in, or casting spells to get a certain set of "winning" numbers, that's a waste of time and energy.

It's also a pretty good example of what the ancient Greeks called hubris.

Ceraun said...

Very good post. Sounds like you had a lot of time to think. Not always a fun thing, but it's necessary. And I totally agree that we should turn to our Gods and Goddesses in good times, too. I see so many people that will only ask - gimme, gimme, gimme - and never give in return.

I think you already know all the chants and spells I know. I could attempt to write a new one.