Wednesday, October 2, 2013

As The World Turns, Pagans at a Crossroads

Here we are, in a world of war, turmoil, disease, strife, and uncertainty. But for Pagans of all traditions, we manage to move onwards. We worship our Gods, and Goddesses, we meditate, we light candles in the darkness. We honor the earth and each other in so many different ways. I have sat and often wondered what would happen if there were no Pagans, No Gods, No Magick. Would the world be better off, or would there be something missing, would there be a significant impact, I dont know the answer to that question, but i do think about it. I often think, do our rituals and traditions make a difference. Or are our society's becoming complacent. I see so much jealousy, infighting, and ego in so many pagan communities, and it makes me sad. But just when im about to give up on Paganism, someone, or something sent by the Gods, or the Universe gives me hope. There are so many awesome pagan traditions, and people within them doing incredible things. That when i see this it makes me want to work harder in my own community, Things are not utopian here, and i doubt they ever will be, reality keeps my head out of the clouds, i just know that somehow there is a reason to strive to work, even if it just in my own circle, The Order of The Standing Oak, or out in the greater Pagan community with my Youtube Channel , A Pagan Perspective. or my show on Blogtalkradio.com Pagan Perspectives. I feel that anything worthwhile is worth fighting for. I want to hear from you, what do you think about the state of Paganism around the world. What do like, what do you think needs to change, and in the end isnt this really about moving ourselves forward spiritually Blessings of the Old Gods till next Blog

No comments: