Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Pagan Unity.. Is It Real

I have been thinking about this topic alot. Can todays modern pagans of all traditions truely come together, or will we succumb to all the infighting like those of other more Judeo Christian faiths are currently engaged in. I know that in my own case im not by any means the picture of what constitutes a perfect pagan, but i know my local community, we have our differences and to a degree we try to work thru them. But in other more far flung parts of the country its not like that. People want to make themselves something more than what they really are. And in the process they are dividing many in areas no where near them.
Is this some kind of testing by our chosen gods, could be. Or maybe just insecurity with our standing in the community at large, which causes us to say and do things that directly or indirectly hurt the rest of us. I think its a myriad of things
But in the end i think its up to any or all of us to actually seek understanding instead of promotion of agendas and hatred.Lord Archaeus of Witches of Shadowlore says

Shadowhawk you smell of burning flesh

Yet if one looks at the website for Fingerlakes Pagan Pride,Lord Archaeus led a talk on..PAGAN UNITY.. Its guys like this im refering to.

Will we ever get past all this.. I really hope so

2 comments:

SecondComingOfBast said...

I don't think there will ever be perfect unity, and in fact I don't ever think there should be. In order for pagans to be completely and totally united in all things, pagans would all have to be a bunch of robots, with no minds of our own, no sense of self worth or self esteem, and no independence of spirit whatsoever.

Guys like Drew, in my opinion, can only hope to unite a segment of the pagan community behind them, and they do that through fear, deception, and intimidation. After awhile, it all falls apart, as well it should.

It is far better, in my opinion, to agree to disagree, and when people like Drew and Archaeus raise their ugly heads, give them a good kick in the ass and send them on their way.

Of course, it's just fun to kick some people.

SecondComingOfBast said...

Wow, just checked out some more of your blog, you're really building it up. That's quite a series of links you have on your blogroll there.

When I get more time, I'll try to include some of your druid links on the Myth-Ing Links section of my sidebar.

So, Archaeus said you smelled of burning flesh, huh? That guy is a real piece of work, only I think whoever ordered him should probably take him back for a refund.